PennEngineering enters the world of composite materials introducing a new and revolutionary product. The PEM® VariMount™ fastening system is an assembly comprised of a standard PEM fastener mounted permanently into a base plate. The assembly can then be affixed to assorted panel types in a variety of ways.
VariMount assemblies are available with either steel or stainless steel base plates depending on the fastener that is selected
- Base plate provides generous footprint for surface or mold-in mounting.
- Multiple radial holes in base plates encapsulate adhesives or molded plastics.
- Radial holes accept standard sized self-clinching fasteners & standard sized rivet diameters.
- Assemblies can be mounted on front or through back of panels.
- Proven PEM self-clinching fastener technology permanently holds fastener to base plate.
- A variety of fastener types and sizes are available.
The VariMount™ mounitng plate has two sets of radial holes (Four small and four large holes). The small holes allow the use of rivets or loose hardware to act as mechanical fasteners securing the VariMount™ to the panle material. The larger holes provide more options, including adhesives suited to the application.