The NeoBolt® lockbolt is an innovative addition to the Avdel range of structural lockbolt systems. High-strength, vibration-resistant, and eco-friendly, the NeoBolt non-breakstem steel lockbolt fastening system is designed for use in heavy-duty structural applications.
Traditional lockbolt fasteners are designed for high-strength, secure assembly. Quick and simple to place, durable and long lasting, they are the ideal solution where spot welding is not practical and other methods are costly, time consuming or not possible.
Unlike traditional lockbolt fasteners, with the NeoBolt® there is no pin break so there is no metal waste, making this an eco-friendly solution. Safety & efficiency is increased with reduced noise, no installation shock, no risk of pintails falling into the application or work area, and no corrosion at a pin break surface. Your cost efficiency is improved as your tools will last longer with no shock loads, whilst productivity is increased as operator fatigue is reduced.
In addition to the elimination of metal waste, the reduced pin weight and size versus normal lockbolts offers environmental benefits of using fewer raw materials and less energy throughout manufacturing, shipping, and storage.
Available in a variety of fastener diameters and lengths, NeoBolt® lockbolts offer increased versatility and can be placed with a range of installation tools featuring fastener-specific nose assemblies.
Designed and developed to withstand the stresses of the toughest applications and environments, the POP Avdel NeoBolt® offers the following features and benefits:
- No pin break
- No metal waste – eco-friendly
- No dropped stems to improve working area safety
- Avoids corrosion at stem break point (vs. traditional lockbolts)
- Reduced pin size and weight for lower warehousing and shipping cost
- Maintenance free - no torque or re-torque is required to improve efficiency
- Fine pitch pin groove design for superior vibration resistance (compared to traditional lockbolts)
- Collar 'fit-up' feature for easy pre-assembly of the joint
- No need to support the pin during the placing operation
- Ideal for upside-down installation
- Radial bar indicators for quick visual swage inspection upon placing
- Fast, non-operator reliant installation for improved productivity
- Truck & Trailer / Commercial Vehicles
- Railway - e.g. carriages and trackside
- Commercial vehicles
- Screening equipment (aggregates)
- Solar & wind energy
- Power & utility services
- Bridge building
- Mining equipment
- Fencing & security screens
- Overland infrastructure - e.g. power & utility services
Following the launch of this innovative lockbolt system, within their end of year review, Stanley described the benefits of the NeoBolt® as, “The added advantages extend to the application tools where no shock load results in extended tool life and reduced operator fatigue. In addition, the NeoBolt® Lockbolt Fastener System offers the environmental benefit of using less raw materials and less energy throughout manufacturing, shipping and storage.”
If you’d like to find out more and discover how the POP Avdel NeoBolt® can meet your fastening requirements in tough environments whilst reducing metal waste and increasing efficiency click here
Or get in touch with our friendly team of experts today on 0808 123 1221 or email email@example.com.