Avseal is a high performance sealing plug. Designed primarily to seal cross drillings and galleries in castings. Depending on the version selected Avseal can withstand blow out pressures exceeding 1500 bar. Typical applications include hydraulic units, transmissions, pneumatic units, fuel, oil and water pumps. Placed using standard POP break-stem tooling, Avseal is quick to install and requires no special skills. Unlike most other sealing methods special hole preparation is not required - just a simple drilled hole. No thread tapping, special sealants or press tools are required. All together this makes for a very cost effective solution to your sealing problems. Avseal is suitable for ferrous or alloy materials and will tolerate a wide range of operating temperatures.
The introduction of Avseal XT makes Avseal and even better sealing solution as it can now be used in even the most demanding sealing applications.
Key features and benefits
- Fully annealed sleeve - high sealing performance
- Hole fill capacity - excellent seal and wider hole tolerance
- Larger hole tolerance - simplified hole alignment when automated placing is required
- Seals by compression of the sleeve - improves sealing with great hole fill capability over a wider hole tolerance
- Internal lock - flat nose tip and ease of use
- Improved stem retention - increased vibration resistance
- Low force special version - can be used in thin wall applications
- Tapered sleeve and stem - ease of entry into application and nose tips, suited to automated systems
- Shorter placed length, blindside protrusion reduced - use in restricted space or thin wall
- Ease of placing with standard tooling - the quality of the seal is not operator dependant