The PEM StickScrew System for small-screw insertion has been engineered with a new StickShooter™ driver offering the capability to accommodate interchangeable nose assemblies and allow for quick tooling changeover. The self-contained system combines the lightweight air-powered driver with “sticks” of serially connected hex head screws enabling automatic screw installation without handling loose screws or driving them manually. The system can serve as a practical alternative to custom-engineered and higher-cost automated screw-driving systems.
Among other benefits, the StickScrew system promotes torque reliability (due to seating torque built into the screw), increased productivity, and safer screw insertion. The system can be up-and-running with minimal operator training.
Dozens of serially connected hex head screws are supplied in “sticks” 300 millimetres long . Screws are installed by inserting the stick in the driver, advancing the stick of screws, squeezing the trigger, and placing the tip of the rotating screw into the hole. The screw is then driven home and twists off cleanly when precise seating torque is achieved.
The standard (stocked) product range includes thread-cutting screws from #2-56 to #6-32 and M3 in 400 series stainless steel. Other available types and sizes include machine screws and thread-forming screws in a variety of materials, including steel, brass, and aluminium, and in thread sizes from #0-80 to #8-32 and M1 to M4. Screws can be plated, black oxidized, hardened, and otherwise customized to meet application requirements.
Benefits of the StickScrew System include:
- Self-contained system. No expensive tooling, jigs, or fixtures are required.
- Designed to reduce repetitive motion stress injury. Eliminates manual driving of screws.
- Torque reliability. Seating torque is built into the screw eliminating torque testing and ensuring the assembly is properly fastened.
- Minimum operator training. System can be applied to your production line with less than ten minutes training.
- Inventory control simplified. No loose or mixed screws. Less shelf space required.
- Major productivity increase in small screw insertion. Productivity increases are greater as screw diameters decrease since difficulty in handling loose screws is eliminated.
- Interchangeable nose assemblies enable quick tooling changeover for all screw hex sizes.
Click here to how StickScrew works